Hey, checkout 6 extremely powerful & best yoga asanas for weight loss in super easy way.
When we look at diet and weight loss statistics, I was surprised to see that American spent more than 60 billions dollars per year dieting to loose weight. The figure has increased in recent years.
Are you working hard to lose weight with daily a morning walk, exercise, going to the gym, dancing and many more? These day people spend lots of money for gym, aerobics and dancing, but have you ever tried yoga or simple breathing techniques for loosing few kilos. Simple yoga techniques help you to get slim as well as it costs nothing and no side effects if done under guidance. Doesn’t it sound cool.
Weight Loss Yoga FAQs
Before we begin the weight loss yoga exercises, the following question might arises in your minds –
- Can you lose weight by doing yoga?
- How can I lose my weight very fast?
- How much weight can you lose by doing yoga exercise?
- What yoga should I do to get my weight reduced
All your questions are answered here. So are you ready to get back into your old body shape?
Best Yoga Asanas for Weight Loss
Yoga is the great way to connect to your inner body and understand it. It aims to make you fit by increasing flexibility. Yoga can be practiced from the comfort of your home, all you need are comfortable clothes and a yoga mat. Even breathing techniques are so easy to do and helps to get slim. Let me tell you how it works –
- When we breathe deeply, it fills the lungs with fresh Oxygen and transport to all parts of the body. As much fresh Oxygen increased it helps to increase the burning fat cells. Thus, it helps to reduce weight in simple techniques.
- Increase in Oxygen leads to decrease in carbon dioxide, this means the blood takes more oxygen and release less carbon dioxide. This proves you with more energy and makes you active.
- The regular practice of breathing, yoga exercise increase metabolic activities. Specific breathing techniques give a good message to abdomen and reduce the fat cells, thus it helps with weight loss.
Follow the below mentioned simple & the best Yoga Asanas for weight loss –
- Deep Breathing Process
- Bhastrika Pranayam
- Bhramari Pranayam
- Kapalbhati Pranayam
- Ardha Matsyendrasana
- Anulom Vilom
#1 Deep Breathing
The name itself says about everything. Deep breathing is a simple process, but helps in many ways like weight loss, depression, constipation, migraine, stress and a lot more. Deep breathing provides lots of Oxygen to body cell which helps to get enough nutrients. Some time breath gets swallowed and cause weight gain due to less nutrients in body, deep breathing helps to maintain it.
Deep breathing helps your nervous system to work properly and it slow downs the metabolism which helps in weight loss.
- Sit on the yoga mat with legged cross and eyes closed.
- Keep your hands on knee forming Ghyan Mudra.
- Now start inhaling deeply with nose and fill your abdomen and lungs with fresh oxygen.
- Exhale with nose and relax for a while.
- While you inhale and exhale your chest and abdomen should rise and fall.
- This is one round practice 4 to 5 rounds for better results.
Checkout benefits of Deep Breathing meditation!
#2 Bhastrika Pranayam
Bhastrika is one among best breathing process of weight loss. Regular practice of Bhastrika Pranayam helps you to be fit and calm.
This process should be done in the morning or before going to bed. Do this –
- Sit down on a yoga mat in Sukhasana or Padmasana with back straight.
- Close your eyes and keep your hands on knee forming Ghyan mudra.
- Now take a few deep breaths to calm yourself.
- Take a deep breath with all your strength, your lungs will fill with fresh Oxygen.
- Breathing should always fill your lungs not abdomen.
- After deep inhale, exhale with great force your exhalation creates a ‘hiss” sound. This is 1 round do 5 to 10 rounds for better results.
- The ratio of inhaling and exhaling should be same according to your strength.
- Bhastrika Pranayam is almost same to Kapalbhati.
#3 Bhramari Pranayam
Here is one more breathing technique which helps to weight loss with no effort. Bhramari Pranayam develops mind power and keeps the mind calm. If mind acts active without any stress it directly relates to body, body will be in balance with fresh oxygen.
- Sit on the yoga mat with cross legged or in Sukhasana and eyes closed.
- Now place your thumb on both the ears, index fingers above the eyebrows on forehead.
- Middle finger and ring finger is placed over closed eyes and the little finger is kept on the sides of both nostrils.
- A start with few deep breathes for comfort.
- Inhale deeply till your lungs fill and while exhale creates a low humming sound.
- Try to concentrate on the sound which is created by you.
- Practice this process for at least 5 to 10 minutes per day.
- To improve this process chant ‘OM’ while exhaling.
- The final thing in this process is open your eyes slowly.
- Rub your hands and place upon eyes and relax.
#4 Kapalbhati or Hatha Yoga
Hatha Yoga steps –
- Sit down on the yoga mat with legs crossed and back straight. Relax your body and face, hands on knee facing up or Ghyan Mudra.
- Take a deep breath with both nostrils, now exhale with little force and pull your stomach, back, feel the abdominal muscles contract.
- As you relax, the breath automatically reaches the lungs.
- To feel the contract you can place your hand on the stomach.
- Exhalation should be in force, but inhalation should be normal.
- This is called one stroke of Kapalbhati, practice at least 20 strokes for better results and speed of practice should be medium.
Read how to perform Kapalbhati Pranayam with video
#5 Seated Spinal Twist (Ardha Matsyendrasana)
Ardha Matsyendrasana derives it’s name with your body position twisted. Here is how you can perform Ardha Matsyendrasana asan –
- Sit down on the yoga mat with legs extended and relax.
- Now bring your both knees close to the chest and feet to the floor.
- Slowly drop your left leg down and lift your right leg and place over left leg.
- While twisting your head place your right hand near to the left foot.
- Inhale, and then exhale, hold this pose for 30 seconds, back to normal pose and relax.
- Repeat the same process on the other side as per your degree of comfort.
#6 Anulom Vilom
Anulom Vilom Steps –
- First of all sit down on the yoga mat with eyes close, calm your mind and place your hands on knees.
- Create a Mudra on the right hand by opening thumb, little finger and ring finger.
- Now close your right nostril with thumb and inhale through the left nostril, to the count of three.
- Don’t lift your elbow too high it leads to pain in your hands.
- Hold the breath a while, ring finger and little finger are kept extended to close the other nostril.
- Exhale through the right nostril by closing the left nostril with little and ring finger, to the count of two with little force.
- Now inhale deeply with right nostril and exhale through the left nostril by closing the right nostril with the thumb.
- This is one round.
- Do the repetitions of rounds for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- After regular practice increase the time period along with ratio of inhalation and exhalation.
- Remember not to raise your shoulder while breathing and breathe deep into your lungs not into the stomach.
- Be focused and concentrate on your breathing while doing this Pranayam.
Reading more about Anulom Vilom.