Black Eyed Peas Beans are known as Lobia in India. Black Eyed Beans have many health benefits and also you can prepare various varieties of Black Eyed Peas Beans food recipes. It goes well with main course item like Rice, Chapati, Phulka including paratha as well.
Black Eyed Peas Beans Recipe
Here I prepared Black Eyed Peas Beans Gravy Masala Recipe/Lobia Masala Curry.
Ingredients to prepare Lobia Masala Curry
Here are the ingredients required to prepare easy black eyed peas recipe:
- Black-eyed beans – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 large
- Tomatoes – 3 medium
- Ginger – 1 small piece
- Garlic – 4-5
- Dry red chill – 4 to 5
- Turmeric – 1 tbsp
- Red chill powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 1/2 tbsp
- kasuri methi – 1/2 tbsp
- salt as to taste
Check out Best Indian Veg Recipes
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 3 to 4 cloves
- 1 large cardamom
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
Method to cook Black Eyed Peas Recipe or Lobia Recipe
Here goes the Lobia Recipe preparation:
- Firstly pressure cooker black-eyed peas and keep a side.
- Then cut the onion into thin slices and deep fry in oil till they are brown in color.
- When onion cools down then make a fine paste of it by adding little water if necessary and keep a side.
- Now in a grinding jar add tomatoes, red chill, garlic and ginger.
- Make a fine paste of it.
- Don’t mix both the paste now
- In a pan heat oil and add cumin seed and hing.
- Then add tomato paste to the oil and keep on stirring for 2 minutes.
- Then add Turmeric powder, Red chill powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder, coriander powder, salt and mix properly.
- Now add onion paste and cook it for few minutes.
- The adjust the gravy by adding the water and cook it.
- Now the gravy is ready, add pressure cooker black eyed peas to the gravy.
- Add garam masala, kasuri methi and mix properly Lobia curry.
- At last garnish with coriander leaves and serve it hot.
Black Eyed Peas Beans aka Lobia Masala Curry is now ready.