Curry leaves are very essential to overcome health problems as it contains Vitamins, Minerals, Antioxidants, Folic Acid and Iron in it. There are many benefits of using curry leaves in our day to day lives, we use for Hair, Skin, Weight loss, Eyesight and many.
It’s also known as Curry Leaves Rice recipe or Kadi Patta Pulao or Curry Leaves Pulao or karibevina chithranna.
In Indian cuisine, Curry leaves(Kadi Patta) play a vital role in each and every dish we prepare. Usually, we use curry leaves in tempering a dish but here I’m going to prepare Pulao(rice) by taking curry leaves as main ingredient Curry Leaves Rice. Here goes the method of preparation.
Curry Leaves Rice Ingredients
- 1 cup Curry leaves
- 1 blow cooked Rice
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Potato
- 1 tsp Ginger and Garlic paste
- A hand full of grounds nuts
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 tsp Chana Dal
- 3 Dry Red chillies
- 4 Green Chillies
- Mustard seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
Here is the step to step method to prepare Curry Leaves Rice
- Wash and chop the veggies(Onion, Carrot, Potatoes)
- Clean, wash and dry curry leaves. Then separate leaves from the stem.
- Heat 1 cup oil in a pan and deep fry the curry leaves and let it cool down.
- Now grind the fried curry leaves into a paste.
- Now in the same pan take 2 tbsp of oil to add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida and Dry red chillies.
- Then add Urad dal, Chana dal and Ground nuts, roast until they are slightly brown and a nice aroma comes from it.
- Add chopped Green chilly, Onion, Ginger and garlic paste and cook till the onion are little brown in colour.
- Now add chopped carrot and potatoes, stir fry till cooked.
- Add salt to the mixture and cook it.
- Add the fried curry leaves paste to the mixture and mix it well.
- Cook the mixture well at a medium flame.
- Now the mixture is ready, so add it to the cooked rice.
Simple and easy Curry Leaves Rice or Kadi Patta Pulao is ready. So enjoy eating………..