No breath, no life & no energy!
The only question which a beginner often asks what is the right way to breathe, and there is no single answer to that. For restoring balance of mind and body, breathing deliberately is what everyone suggests. Deep Breathing is the basic step for all. It can be classified as a one of the modern day yoga exercise or meditation. If you can balance the breathing process, it adds value to various yoga asanas and you can easily stay away from stress and depression which actually is the cause of several diseases.
It’s important to know basic of every exercise before you start up and so in this article we go through ‘Deep Breathing Meditation‘ in detail by explaining how, when & where to do it, benefits and precautions to be taken care.
When and Where to Practice?
The best place to perform any yoga is in a garden or place filled with fresh Oxygen. It is most beneficial if it is performed in the early morning hours and everyone can do it. Though it’s simple, but more energy and strength it adds to your daily routine. The only thing to remember, it is done before breakfast or any meal. After every four hours of your meal, it can be performed if you are willing to do.
How to Perform Deep Breathing?
- Sit down on the yoga mat with back straight and hands on knees with Ghyan Mudra. Close eyes with peaceful mind.
- Try to calm yourself and feel the body relaxed as much as you can.
- Pay attention to your breathing process, place your left hand on the chest and right on the abdomen.
- When you breathe there will be a sense of the rise and fall of the chest and abdomen with every breath. If you don’t feel it, then you are doing it in the wrong way.
- After placing both hands on the chest and abdomen follow your breathing and notice how your abdomen is rising and falling.
- Now inhale deeply through the nose into your abdomen, feel the abdomen rise with every inhalation and chest should move on with only little. All this process should be done within the count of five.
- Exhale through nose with the fall in abdomen and chest, to the count of five.
- This is one round; a beginner does at least 5 to 6 rounds for better results.
- After regular practice tries to increase the rounds along with adding hold on breathing in-between inhaling and exhaling.
- Regular practice helps to inhale more breathe deeply.
Benefits of Deep Breathing
- Breathing helps to expand your lungs with fresh Oxygen.
- Deep breathing leads to stress free life and no digestion problem.
- Deep breathing releases tension and brings clarity along with that brings relaxation to mind and body.
- Increases the blood circulation and quality too.
- The most important keeps the heart healthy and stronger.
- Relieves emotional problems, pain, strengthens the immune system and carries clear messages to organs.
- Boosts energy levels, improves stamina, and makes you calmer and happier, what else one needs, to be happy forever.
- Helps in weight loss with regular practice.
- Less chances of cancer and diabetes.
- Improve the skin with a glow and more energetic.
- Improves the quality of sleep.
- Beneficial for high blood pressure patience.
How does deep breathing help to keep the body active?
#1 Reduce Anxiety
The most common situation everyone facing is anxiety. In this hectic schedule, there is no time for the body, but it is very important to perform some exercise or yoga to keep mind stress free and away from anxiety. In this competitive world no one will teach how to get control over anxiety, the only solution is to keep the mind calm with performing deep breathing. It’s a very simple process, but helps in many ways. As we take deep, long breath, and each cell is filled with fresh Oxygen, fresh Oxygen means fresh and peaceful mind which leads to keep the body active. In short, to say active body means mind with calm and peace. No anxiety, no stress.
#2 Better Digestion
Constipation is very common this day and it is due to swallow breathing. The digestive system operates more Oxygen, such as stomach, the fact is food is oxygenated more. The regular practice of deep breathing helps to breathe into the lower abdomen & leads to well functioning of internal organs. It calms the mind and emotions which directly affect the digestion system. If digestion is proper then the stool is also good.
#3 Weight Loss
There are more alternative for weight loss, but the easiest and effective exercise is deep breathing. Deep breathing burns the extra fat & helps to maintain other organs work properly.
#4 Nervous Systems
Nervous system communicates to the most important parts of body as brain, spinal cord and nerves, hence it needs more Oxygen to keep all of them calm and respond well.
#5 Glowing Skin
As you know beauty come from inner and need to keep inner organs with regular exercise and diet. Deep breathing is the one of the best exercises to keep your skin glowing. As you breathe deeply it increases the Oxygen compounds compared to Carbon dioxide, hence more Oxygen means a healthy body and a glowing skin.
#6 Lungs Clear
When we breathe deeply, it fills the lungs with fresh Oxygen and transport to all parts of the body. If Oxygen level in your body is increased, it helps to burn body fat cells thereby helping lungs to keep it clear and active. Increase in Oxygen leads to decrease in Carbon dioxide, that means the blood takes more Oxygen and release less Carbon-dioxide. This proves you with more energy and makes you active.
The regular practice of deep breathing increases metabolic activities. Specific breathing techniques give a good message to abdomen and reduce the fat cells, thus it helps clear lungs.
Deep Breathing Precautions
Precautions to be taken while performing Deep Breathing Technique
- Patience with asthma, cold and cough should consult doctor before practicing deep breathing.
- Always practice it on an empty stomach.
- Inhalation and exhalation should in same ratio according to one’s convenience.
- Chest and abdomen should rise and fall at a time.
- Pregnant women consult the doctor before performing deep breathing.