Onion Poha: How to make Onion Poha recipe i.e., Kanda Poha recipe in Maharashtrian style.
Poha is a popular snack made from the flattened rice. It’s mostly eaten as the breakfast dish all over in India, especially in Maharashtra & Gujarat. Pooh is very easy and quickly prepare without any pre-preparation. This dish gets digested very fast and is good for health.
Poha is prepared with many different ingredients to make it different Poha recipes which includes Onion Poha or Kanda Poha, Potato Poha or Aloo Poha, Tamatar Poha, Aloo Kanda Poha and many more….
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Serve : 2 person
Cuisine: Maharashtra, India
Also Read – How to Alleviate Snoring
Ingredients to prepare Onion Poha
Poha – 1 Cup
Onion – 1 Large finely chopped
Green chills – 3 or 4
Curry leaves – 4 or 5
Carom seeds – 1 tsp
Groundnut – 10 – 12
Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
Dhaniya powder – 1 tsp
Oil – 3 tbsp
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
Salt for taste
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin – 1 tsp
Hing – 1tsp
- Wash Poha in the running water for 2 – 3 times and remove the excess water from it.
- Now add sugar, lemon juice to the wet poha and let it rest.
- Heat a pan and add 3 tbsp of oil to it.
- Start seasoning with Mustard seeds, Cumin and Hing.
- Now add Groundnuts, as they are slightly brown.
- Then add green chills, curry leaves, Carom seeds and onion.
- Slowly the onion changes its color to brown and that the indication that they are cooked
- Now add salt, turmeric powder and Coriander powder.
- Let all the mixture cook for few seconds.
- Now the onion mixture seems to be cook add poha to the onion mixture and mix it well as if the onion mixture should be able to reach all the poha.
- Mix the poha to the onion mixture at a low flame if not they will stick to the pan.
- Garnish the poha with coriander leaves and serve it hot.
So that was the guide on how to prepare Onion Poha recipe.
This post was last modified on October 11, 2019 9:14 AM