South Indian Style Soft and Spongy Idli
Where ever we go in South India always we come across Idli and Dosa the most famous food item of Andhra, Telangana, Karnataka and so. It’s one of the best breakfast in this part of the world.
There are many videos and article on the recipes of Idli, but here I share my personal experience in preparing Idli.
How to prepare Restaurant style Idli at home
- Urad dal/Split and dehusked black gram lentils – 1 cup
- Idli Rava/Bombay Rava – 3 cup
- Methi seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 to 3 tsp
Method to prepare Idli
- Soak Urad dal and methi seeds for 3 to 4 hours.
- Then grind to a fine paste by adding little water.
- Wash the Idli rava for 2 to 3 times and add to the Urad dal paste.
- Mix both the ingredients with the help of hand for at-least 7- 10 mins. Now the Idli batter is ready.
- Fermentation of the batter is necessary for at least 8 hours.
- If the batter comes out very well then it may over flow. So store the batter in a big utensil.
- Now it’s time to prepare Idli with the help of Idli cooker.
- Idli cooker are nowadays easily available in the market.
- Add salt at the time of preparation. If the batter is in more quantity that adds salt only to the batter for which you are preparing Idli.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan and add to the batter.
- If the batter comes out well then there is no need to add food soda. we can add oil its works like soda.
- Heat the Idli cooker without the Idli tray by adding water to it and place a piece of lemon at the bottom to avoid the changing of color of the cooker.
- Now fill all the Idli tray with the batter and place them in the Pre-heated Idli cooker.
- After 10 minutes the Idli will be ready.
- Let the Idli tray cools down, then unmould the Idli from the tray.
Sev Khamani recipe
Fancy Paratha Recipe
Soft and spongy Idlis are ready to serve with Samber and chutney.
This post was last modified on April 24, 2019 9:00 AM
"Digestion matters more than eating" All the healthy food items you eat does no matters more but is it getting digested in…
In this guide check out How can Yoga help you to Keep your Digestive System Healthy and fit. A combination if…
Suicide Prevention Lifeline to Help a Soldier. Suicide is never the answer to any problem, no matter how difficult it…
Curry leaves are very essential to overcome health problems as it contains Vitamins, Minerals, Antioxidants, Folic Acid and Iron in…
Bread Upma Recipe: Bread Upma Recipe ब्रेड उपमा is one of the tasty and quickly made breakfast recipe. Go through Preethi…
Poha is one of the favorite breakfast recipe for many and its famous all over India. Poha are prepare in…