Kapalbhati Pranayam is a Yoga breathing techniques for effective results.
Yoga has many breathing techniques which gives effective results without any stress and workout. There are many pranayam’s which are easy and effective for weight loss and to control stress. Kalapbhati is one of the major and only exercise so powerful that it can cure many diseases on long run. Let’s check out how does Kapalbhati Pranayam works. In Hindi it’s known as “कपालभाती प्राणायाम”.
Kapalbhati Pranayam is one of most popular breathing exercise as per all yogas. The word Kapalbhati is the origin of Sanskrit language, where “Kapal” means “Forehead” and “Bhati” means “Shining”. In short to say regular practice of Kapalbhati leads to shining face with inner beauty and active mind. It’s also known as Hatha Yoga Pradipika [हठयोग प्रदीपिका].
Time and Place to do Kapalbhati Pranayam
Practise of Kapalbhati is commonly done in early morning with empty stomach, but if you are willing to do later than be sure you should have a minimum time gap of 4 hours from last meal. You can choose any place according to your convenience to practise Kapalbhati Pranayam.
How to do Kapalbhati Pranayam?
- Sit down on floor with legs crossed and back straight. Relax your body and face, hands on knee facing up in Gyan mudra position.
- Take a deep breath with both nostrils, now exhale with little force and pull your stomach back, feel the abdominal muscles contract.
- As you relax, the breath automatically reaches lungs.
- To feel the contract you can place your hand on stomach.
- Exhalation should be in force but inhalation should be normal.
- This is called one stroke of kaplbhati, practice atleast 20 stroke for better results and speed of practice should be medium.
Yeah! We all look for what advantage we have from anything we do. Regularity of Kapalbhati will fetch you following benefits –
- Improve the functions of respiratory system, kidneys, pancreas, lungs, digestion, liver and blood circulation.
- Yoga for Blocked Fallopian Tubes: Blocked fallopian tubes constitutes as major infertility problem in women. Yoga has solution for it and for such cases Kapalbhati is most suitable.
- Blood Purification: It purifies the blood and increases oxygen component in body.
- For the Mental Energy: The Kapalbhati pranayam benefits keeps the mind calm and more energize for mental work.
- As the meaning Kapalbhati itself means shining face with inner beauty.
- Kapalbhati Curing Diseases: Cures diseases like breast cancer, constipation, acidity, diabetes, asthma, allergies, sinus and many more.
- A great and easy exercise for weight loss specially belly fat.
- In short to say first step towards meditation and away from depression, negative thoughts, anxiety & stress.
Precautions to be Taken
- Practice only on empty stomach.
- One who is suffering from heart disease, high blood pressure and asthma should not practice this pranayam.
- Pregnant women should consult their gynecologist or yoga trainer to perform Kapalbhati pranayam.
- Inhalation should be to one’s comfort, but the quick exhalation should not be too forceful.
- Abdomen should not contract while inhaling it may cause any harm to body.
- During exercise the back and shoulders should be straight with-out any move.
- Destroys all mucus disorders