Kapal bhati Pranayam is a Yoga breathing techniques for effective results. Check kapalbhati pranayama steps, benefits, process and known side-effects.
Yoga has many breathing techniques which give effective results without any stress and workout. There are many pranayama’s which are easy and effective for weight loss and to control stress. Kalapbhati is one of the major and only exercises so powerful that it can cure many diseases in a long run. Let’s check out how does Kapalbhati Pranayam works. In Hindi, it’s known as “कपालभाती प्राणायाम”.
Kapalbhati Pranayam is one of most popular breathing exercise as per all yogas. The word Kapalbhati is the origin of Sanskrit language, where “Kapal” means “Forehead” and “Bhati” means “Shining”. In short to say the regular practice of Kapalbhati leads to shining face with inner beauty and active mind. It’s also known as Hatha Yoga Pradipika [हठयोग प्रदीपिका].
Time and Place to do Kapalbhati Pranayam
The practice of Kapalbhati is commonly done in the early morning with empty stomach, but if you are willing to do later than be sure you should have a minimum time gap of 4 hours from last meal. You can choose any place according to your convenience to practice Kapalbhati Pranayam.
How to do Kapalbhati Pranayam?
- Sit down on the floor with legs crossed and back straight. Relax your body and face, hands-on knee facing up in Gyan mudra position.
- Take a deep breath with both nostrils, now exhale with little force and pull your stomach back, feel the abdominal muscles contract.
- As you relax, the breath automatically reaches lungs.
- To feel the contract you can place your hand on the stomach.
- Exhalation should be in force but inhalation should be normal.
- This is called one stroke of Kapal Bhati, practice at least 20 strokes for better results and speed of practice should be medium.
Yeah! We all look for what advantage we have from anything we do. Regularity of Kapalbhati will fetch you following 8 benefits –
- Improve the functions of a respiratory system, kidneys, pancreas, lungs, digestion, liver and blood circulation.
- Yoga for Blocked Fallopian Tubes: Blocked fallopian tubes constitutes as major infertility problem in women. Yoga has a solution for it and for such cases, Kapalbhati is most suitable.
- Blood Purification: It purifies the blood and increases oxygen component in the body.
- For the Mental Energy: The Kapalbhati pranayama benefits keeps the mind calm and more energize for mental work.
- As the meaning, Kapalbhati itself means shining face with inner beauty.
- Kapalbhati Curing Diseases: Cures diseases like breast cancer, constipation, acidity, diabetes, asthma, allergies, sinus and many more.
- A great and easy exercise for weight loss especially belly fat.
- In short to say the first step towards meditation and away from depression, negative thoughts, anxiety & stress.
Precautions to be Taken
- Practice only on empty stomach.
- One who is suffering from heart disease, high blood pressure and asthma should not practice this Pranayam.
- Pregnant women should consult their gynecologist or yoga trainer to perform Kapalbhati Pranayam.
- Inhalation should be to one’s comfort, but the quick exhalation should not be too forceful.
- The abdomen should not contract while inhaling it may cause any harm to the body.
- During exercise, the back and shoulders should be straight without any move.
- Destroys all mucus disorders
So, that all about Kapal Bhati Pranayam steps, procedure, benefits and known side-effects.
This post was last modified on July 17, 2020 7:11 AM