सर्वांगासन योग or Sarvangasana is a popular yoga for slim body, hair loss. Checkout सर्वांगासन योग विधि और लाभ.
Sarvangasana is a popular and advanced yoga pose which brings relaxation and inner peace to entire body parts and has lots of health benefits if done regularly. In today’s modern world, stress, anxiety, and depression are some of the common problems which can be cured naturally doing this great asana or yogic posture.
The term comes from two Sanskrit words – “Sarva” + “Anga” where sarva mean all and anga means body parts. This means by doing this asana all of the body parts are used.
It exists in two variations –
- Salamba Sarvangasana – performing yoga with a blanket to support shoulders
- Niralamba Sarvangasana – doing without the support of blanket
Sarvangasana Yoga Steps | Benefits | Precautions
Sarvangasana Steps | सर्वांगासन योग विधि
Following the sequential steps to follow to perform this yoga or asana:
- Simply lie down straight on the floor with or without a blanket.
- You need to relax and every part of the body should be at ease and arms lying down straight along the body with hands down on the floor.
- To relax, you can breathe in and out slowly for a minute before you start the yoga.
- Start lifting your legs in upward direction till you make a 90 degrees angle from the floor.
- Now slowly start lifting your waist while breathing out swiftly and legs need to start moving in a backward direction towards your shoulders.
- You can use both hands behind the waist to support the movement.
- Now slowly try to keep your waist, back, and legs straight upwards in one line.
- Your shoulders are lying straight on the floor supporting the entire straight body positioned upwards.
- Stretch your toes upwards while you concentrate on the toes for a few minutes.
- You can keep this position for 2-3 minutes as per your body strength and keep your breathing regular.
- You can now gradually come back to the floor and lie straight.
- This can be repeated 3-4 times.
- Optionally, Matsyasana can be performed to relax back and to avoid a backache.
Sarvangasana Health Benefits | सर्वांगासन योग के फायदे
This asana is considered one of the best yoga poses for the body and yields a long list of health benefits –
- Relieves headaches by improving the supply of blood to the upper area.
- Saves from high blood pressure by cooling the nerves.
- Good for Insomnia patients.
- Helps to resolve constipation problems.
- Improves working of three important body systems – circulatory, respiratory and digestive systems.
- Reduces hair fall issues.
- Helps in reducing body fat for people suffering from obesity.
- This really supports in fighting sexual disorders.
- Enhances vision of the eye and delays aging.
- Regulates the functioning of the various glands.
Safety Measures | सावधानियां
Sarvangasana is a great yogic posture but as this seems simple, lying your entire body on shoulders cannot be performed by everyone easily, especially when the body is not used to exercising and lacks agility, mobility or flexibility.
People who are weak and old with 50 years of age and above can try alternate yogic postures/breathing exercises to start with before trying this asana. Also, pillows can be used initially to support, until the body gets used to this asana in a couple of weeks.
Other supporting yogic postures like Matsyasana can be performed to avoid backaches after this asana.
Also Read – Yoga for Weight Loss
People following health issues need to avoid this asana to avoid injuries like –
- Spondylitis or a Migraine
- Slip disc
- Backache issues
- Middle ear problems
So that was all about Sarvangasana process, health benefits, and cons.