Vishuddhi the name itself describe about the cleaning of Vishuddhi Chakra which is in the throat. In Sanskrit “Vish” means “Impurity” or “Poison” and “Shuddhi” means “To Purify” or “To Clear”. So it became Vishuddhi Kriya or विशुद्धि क्रिया as written in Hindi. People normally do this exercise to activate the fifth chakra that is Vishuddhi chakra [विशुद्ध चक्र] along with that it has many benefits and helps in curing many diseases.
Benefits of Vishuddhi Kriya | विशुद्धि क्रिया के लाभ
For anyone doing Vishuddhi Kriya exercise regularly, they can benefit from –
- Cures Asthma, Allergies, Digestion problem, Blockage, Throat problems
- Increases Stamina, Self-confidence, Communication skill
- Short period exercise with great benefits and easy to do
Time and Place to Do । करने का समय
Always try to practice Vishuddhi Kriya in morning on an empty stomach and the best place is in garden or it can be any place where you get clean and fresh air. Remember, that’s important and time is relevant if you live in cities. Early morning at 4 AM or 5 AM you can get fresh air because there is less air pollution and as sunrises, at 6 AM or 7 AM, the pollution level tends to increase. So try to do this simple Yoga exercise as early as possible, but again that depends on your daily schedule.
For those people who lives in villages or small towns where pollution level is less, they can do it at any time but again morning hours are much preferred.
Also Read – Anulom Vilom Pranayam
Vishuddhi Kriya Process | विशुद्धि क्रिया पक्रिया
The Vishuddhi Kriya process is simple and easy.
Just follow what is mentioned here –
- Sit down on the yoga mat with eyes close and try to calm you with a long breath for a few seconds. Your hands on knees facing upward or you can also make Gyan Mudra.
- Take a long breath and close your nose with right hand.
- Now attach your Chin to your chest.
- Try to gather as much as saliva in your mouth.
- Gulp the saliva in five counts, as if you drink water.
- Slowly exhale your breath by raising our head.
- Repeat the Similar process for at least three times as for beginning later on you can increase to 10 or 20 times as for your ability.
That’s how you do Vishuddhi Kriya exercise.
Precautions to be Taken | सावधानिया
The following are the precautions that you should take while performing Vishuddhi Kriya process –
Here is the video on how doing it-
So that was all about Vishuddhi Karan. Do subscribe to our mailing list.